Why Choose Counselling
People seek counselling for various reasons including when they are feeling upset, depressed, angry, inadequate, insecure, stressed, anxious or overwhelmed by emotions.
These feelings which may be related to a bereavement or loss, the effects of abuse, a work or family issue or situation, a personal crisis, a major life change or unresolved issues from the past, can affect the quality of relationships and daily life.
What can Counselling Offer
Counselling provides an opportunity to:
- Be listened to in confidence by a trained therapist who is not directly involved in your everyday life
- Explore your fears and anxieties without being judged
- Understand present patterns of thinking and behaving and identify those which may be unhelpful, and how they originated
- Examine difficulties in making and keeping relationships
- Evaluate assumptions and beliefs
Counselling can help you to:
- Feel less overwhelmed by your feelings and situation
- Find greater freedom of thought and action as you feel less confused
- Make informed choices
- Set and work towards achieving realistic goals for yourself and your life
- Achieve an overall sense of purpose and direction for your life
- Increase your self esteem
I use an integrative approach in counselling clients based on your needs as an individual, and as such I use a range of different theoretical approaches including Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Theory, and Transactional Analysis.
I can offer both short and long term therapy.
All counselling sessions last 60 minutes.
£15 for the initial session to give you a chance to see whether counselling would be a helpful way forward for you at this time.
£25 for each subsequent session
Concessions may be available.